ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT IF YOU OPT-OUT, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THEHOPPER WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service.
- You may not publish nude, pornographic, or sexually suggestive, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful or pornographic photos or any other content in the App.
- The Service is not responsible for any activity that occurs through your account.
- You agree you will not transfer, assign or sell your account, username or any account rights to third parties.
- The previous condition is not applicable in the case of a business that expressively authorizes its employees to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients.
- You ensure that all the information provided to the Service during the registration process and at all other times are true and accurate.
- You have the responsibility to keep your password and information secure.
- You agree that you will not collect or use the credentials of an other user’s account to gain access to the Service.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities, even if they are not subscribed to the Service.
- You must not use TheHopper for illegal purposes. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below). You agree not to infringe copyright laws.
- You must not create, promote or participate in any activity that may falsely imply that another service, both online or offline, is associated with TheHopper.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or its servers or its networks.
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means by using an automated device, script, bot, crawler or scraper.
- If any user’s account is suspended, TheHopper is not obliged to provide any notification or explanation.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to remove, edit, block and/or monitor any content on the app as well as any account in all its parts, including the nickname.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that TheHopper is not responsible or liable for the behavior of any user.
- By using the Service, you expressly waive the right to participate in any legal action against TheHopper, any of its subsidiaries, related companies, affiliates, owners and employees. This provision is valid until termination of the end user license Agreement.
- You are solely responsible for the data, text, pictures, usernames, images, links and other content and/or materials (collectively ‘Content’) published in the app.
- TheHopper does not claim ownership of any picture or text that you post through the Service. By accessing and using TheHopper you grant permission to the Service to use any of the Content posted for any reason at the company’s discretion, inside and outside the app, both online and offline.
- You warrant that you own the Content you publish or otherwise you have the written permission of publication by its original owner. You guarantee that the Content you publish does not violate rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks and/or intellectual property rights.
- TheHopper reserves the right to remove any content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by the Service.
- You agree that TheHopper is not responsible for any Content posted within the Service. The Service has no obligation to prescreen, monitor, edit or erase any content.
- The Service reserves the right to limit the availability of the app to any person, geographic area or country, at any time and in our only discretion.
- You agree that all the Content posted through the Service is non confidential.
- The Service contains content owned or licensed by TheHopper (“TheHopper Content”). TheHopper Content is protected by intellectual property, and, as between you and TheHopper, TheHopper owns and retains all rights in the TheHopper Content and the Service. TheHopper’s name and logo, as well as all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts; are property of TheHopper, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission by TheHopper.
- There will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of software and/or equipment.
- As between you and TheHopper, any Content shared will be non-confidential and non-proprietary. None of your Content will be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of TheHopper, and TheHopper will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Content you provide. You acknowledge and agree that your relationship with TheHopper is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other type of special relationship, and that your decision to submit any Content does not place TheHopper in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public.
- Any user has the right to erase his/her profile from TheHopper. To do so, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your nickname and the email address that you used to sign up. The Service may ask for further information to identify you as the person entitled to ask for the cancellation of your profile.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The Service does not warrant that the app will be error-free or uninterrupted, that its faults will be corrected or that it is free from any harmful components, including, without limitation, viruses. The Service does not make any representation or warranty that the information on the service is accurate or complete. By using the Service you acknowledge that your use of the app is at your own risk.
Under no circumstances TheHopper, any of its subsidiaries, related companies, affiliates, owner and employees; will be liable to you for any loss, damage or injury of any kind (for example direct, indirect, special, economic, emotional, exemplary, incidental, or consequential losses or damages).
TheHopper does not warrant that your use of the service is lawful in any particular jurisdiction or territorial area.
By accessing or using the Service you warrant that your activities are lawful in every jurisdiction or territorial area where you access and/or use the Service.
The Information provided within the Service is not for distribution or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be against the law or regulation or which would subject TheHopper to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Information collected by the Service and uses
- Personal information provided voluntarily when registering an account on TheHopper and any future edit to those information, such as email address and nickname.
- TheHopper does not have access to your password. All passwords are encrypted and only the user is able to know his/her password.
- Behavioral information, such as your traveling habits and the content on the Service with which you interact.
- The date and time of your last connection to the app and your IP address.
- Information you upload and publish voluntarily, such as your pictures, check-ins, comments and traveling plans.
- Your geolocation information, including the country and city of your location when you use the app.
- The Service will use these information to enable you to share your information and communicate with other users, administer your account, customize the service provided and send promotional communications through the email address provided.
- The Service reserves the right to sell or rent the behavioral information collected although the Service will not provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, there will be no reference to your username, email address or information provided through your use of the Service. Should these events occur at any given time in the future, the users will be notified in advance through the email address provided during the registration process.
Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology. Since the Internet is not a fully secure environment, we cannot fully guarantee the security of any information you transmit to TheHopper. The Service guarantees that will do all in his power to ensure the protection of the users’ data, but can not guarantee that anyinformation will not be accessed, copied, disclosed or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
You are responsible of maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications at all times. If you reside in the European Union, you can request the destruction of all your data by written communication to email@example.com.